Undergraduate Studies Program - Compulsory Course @ 7th Semester
Technological issues related to the design and construction of digital systems using microprocessors and their peripheral units. Data and address buses in computer and microcomputer systems like PCI Bus. Memory organization. Memory addressing techniques. DMA, Cache, Internal and External Memory (SRAM and DRAM, RAID, usb and firewire). Interrupts. Peripheral interface adapters. History and Programming of microprocessors. Study and analysis of INTEL x86, PENTIUM, POWER PC and ARM up-to-date microprocessors architecture and programming. Instruction Sets: Characteristics, Functions, Addressing Modes and Formats. Assembly. Reduced Instruction Set Computers (RISC) and Complex Instruction Set Computers (CISC). Pipelining, Instruction-Level Parallelism and Superscalar Processors, Parallel Processing. Data input/output techniques. Description of micro-computer systems. 32-bit and 64-bit microcomputers. Multicore Computers. Lab with microprocessor development boards and ARM microprocessors.
Undergraduate Studies Program - Optional Course @ 8th Semester
Principles of Complex Electronic Systems. Design methodologies, techniques and methods for the design and implementations of Complex Electronics Systems. EDA tools for FPGAs synthesis, FPGAs design parameters, FPGA future perspectives. Heterogeneous computing, unconventional and green computation. Future and Emergent Electronic Devices, Circuits, Models and Architectures. beyond CMOS Computing Devices and Circuits. Memristors. Quantum Cellular Automata. Neuromorphic Computing. Analysis and Design paradigms of Complex Electronic Systems for different applications, including image processing, computer vision, cryptography, real time systems, biological systems, etc. Study of IP cores of advanced computational tools, like Cellular Automata, Neural Networks, Fuzzy Logic, Bio-Inspired Optimization Techniques.
Embedded Systems Design (H43Y)
Undergraduate Studies Program - Compulsory Course @ 9th Semester
Principles of Embedded Computing. Microprocessors: Instruction Sets, CPUs. Analysis and Design of Programs. Procedures and Operating Systems. Hardware Accelerators. Networks. Memory Management Methodology: Algorithmic Transformations, Memory Hierarchy, System-Level Techniques. Hardware/Software Co-design. Case Studies: Multimedia and Wireless Networks Protocols.
Postgraduate Studies Program
Cellular Automata (CA) theory: Turing machines, CAs as universal Turing machines, CA state evolution, group properties of CAs, CA evolution using Genetic Algorithms, quantum CAs. CA applications in VLSI systems: CAs as a VLSI architecture, CAs as universal pattern generators, correcting codes, cipher systems, testable logic synthesis. CAs as models of physical systems and processes: modeling and simulation using CAs, simulation of integrated circuit fabrication processes using CAs, simulation of microelectronic and nanoelectronic devices using CAs, large system simulation using CAs. Design of dedicated parallel processors that execute CA algorithms.
- H42E/E, Fiber Optics and Applications (DEECE DUTH, Spring 2013 – Spring 2016).
- Η30Υ/E VLSI Systems I (DEECE DUTH, Spring 2011 – Spring 2012).
- H41Y/E Digital Signal Processing (DEECE DUTH, Spring 2007 – Spring 2010).
- H36E Computational Intelligence (DEECE DUTH, Spring 2004 – Spring 2008).
- MBG506 Programming (MBG DUTH, Spring 2003 – Spring 2007, Fall 2007).
- H32E Digital Systems Interconection Techniques (DEECE DUTH, Spring 2006 – Spring 2008).
- PME602 Electronics (PME DUTH, Spring 2003- Spring 2007).
- H43E Embedded Systems Design (DEECE DUTH, Fall 2004 – Fall 2005).
- H24E Robotics (DEECE DUTH, Fall 2008).
- H44E Technology Computer-Aided Design Systems (DEECE DUTH, Fall 2002, Fall 2004).
- L16E High Performance Computations: Parallel Computers and Computational Complexity (DEECE DUTH, Fall 2006).
- L12Y Operating Systems (DEECE DUTH, Spring 2003).
- LO10E Software Engineering (DEECE DUTH, Fall 2003).
- TH03Y Science of Computers and Cognitional Sciences I (PSED DUTH, Spring 2004).
- TH04Y Science of Computers and Cognitional Sciences II (PSED DUTH, Fall 2003).